What? You still wanna talk about the half truths the Leftwingers are blabbing? OK, let's see how much they cover up and refuse to disclose info detrimental to themselves, in their attempt to tell how much PAP covered up info that's not favourable to PAP.
Dr Poh Soo Kai, the latest half-truther from the Left Wing -
Here is a transcript of Left Winger and ex-detainee Dr Poh Soo Kai. 50th Anniversary of Operation Cold Store. Full republished speech can be found in this link.
Dr Poh Soo Kai Speech (English)
Extracts from his speech above are in quotes below:
Can the youth of today in Singapore imagine, the excitement, and magic in the air after World War II, where the youth of all races, on both sides of the causeway, dared to aspire for a united Malayan nation, free from communal politics, free from the Internal Security Act, free from economic humiliation experienced by the poor, the sick, the disabled and the aged?
Note the intention to form a unified Socialist govt for a unified Malayan-Singapore. Problem is that this means the Leftwingers in Singapore had to work with the Leftists in the North. There's only one viable partner up in the North then - Communist Terrorist Chin Peng.
Dr Poh lures Left supporters with the idealistic dream of a unified Malayan-Singapore nation, without telling them that it would mean having to tie up with Malaysia's Number One terrorist of all time. What a skeleton to cover up. What a half truth.
It is salient to recall the fundamental principles of this constitution. They are:
1. Singapore is an integral and inalienable part of mainland Malaya;
2. There should be equal citizenship rights for all persons hailing from the various communities who qualify to be citizens of this country; the citizenship is to be known as Melayu citizenship;
3. Melayu citizenship is to be given to all persons born in this country and others who had settled continuously in this country for the past 10 years irrespective of whether they came from: Java, Sumatra, the Rhio islands, China, Burma, India, etc.
The above looks idealistic to a Left Wing supporter. That's because it was not told that the idea would mean that Commie Terrorist Chin Peng would be their leader.
Now imagine the following. Let's say that Mas Selamat released 30 years from now, who is currently under detention for his (alleged) links with Jemaah Islamiyah which is headed by Abu Bakar Bashir who is himself serving a jail sentence in Indonesia for his (alleged) role in the Bali Bombing 2002, says the exact same thing as Dr Poh. Here's how it would look like .....
Mas Selamat's hypothetical words in the Year 2043 upon his release, superimposed on Dr Poh's speech -
1. Singapore would be an integral part and inalienable part of mainland Indonesia.
2. There should be equal citizenship rights for all persons hailing from the various communities who qualify to be citizens of this country; the citizenship is to be known as Indonasi citizenship;
3. Indonasi citizenship is to be given to all persons born in this country and others who had settled continuously in this country for the past 10 years irrespective of whether they came from: Java, Sumatra, the Rhio islands, China, Burma, India, Malaysia etc.
Whoa! How does that look like now? Please remember the plan to unify Malaya and Singapore under the Socialist banner then existed before the actual merger of Malaya and Singapore in 1963. Please note that while the the merger plan itself may look harmless, the fact that the Leftwingers had only one option to tie up with, ie Terrorist Chin Peng, makes the Leftwingers plan look very suspicious.
Likewise, the hypothetical Mas Selamat's speech in the Year 2043, telling youngsters who never had any idea about Jemmah Islamiyah or Abu Bakar Bashir, that all he wanted was to tie up with Indonesia may look innocent to these youngsters. But if he had said that TODAY, many would say that Mas Selamat deserves to be locked up - perhaps even without trial!
By analogy, let's go back to 1963 when the people then knew that Dr Poh's idea of tying up with Malaysia would mean working with the Commie Terrorists in the North. Won't any right minded person be scared to death?
So why is Dr Poh, like the rest of the Leftwingers, so silent about telling the youths today that the only viable person available to work with in the North then, was Commie Terrorist Chief Chin Peng?
Again, a half truth on the part of Dr Poh, isn't it?
Dr Poh's half truth bordering on shameless lying -
Below is another of Dr Poh's half-truth. It is so blatant, it actually is as good lying. Take a look at how he brazenly leaves out material facts, so that it would make the Commie Terrorists look good, while the govt of the day (ie the Brits) look bad.
This mass, non-communal, democratic movement had to be crushed. And so the British colonialists, who returned after World War II crushed this people’s movement with an array of repressive and deceptive instruments:
• With the brute military force of the Emergency of June 1948;
• With the inhuman uprooting of entire villages and their re-settlement in New Villages, which were, in actual fact, concentration camps. The people were bodily searched upon leaving and entering the camps. All communities – Chinese, Indians and Malays - were affected by this Briggs resettlement plan. The policy achieved the insidious aim of the British “to divide and rule’ over their subjects, especially the Malays and the Chinese – physically.
Those who do not know the whole truth will be swooned by Dr Poh's soft sweet talk. Those who have lived through the hell years of the Commie Terrorists and/or done enough research will see through Dr Poh's lies. Let's dissect the lies above.
1. The so called array of repressive and deceptive instruments used by the Brits was in REACTION to the Communists in Malaya, who were terrorizing civilians in order to subdue the Brit govt into submission. This was the period of the Malayan Emergency, a war that lasted more than a decade which killed 11,000 people, led by none other than Commie Terrorist Chin Peng!
2. The so called uprooting of villages was a relocation of civilians by the Brit govt. Again, this was a REACTION to the terror activities by the Commies. The Leftwing Commies used the Chinese villagers as runners and feeders. In order to cut off the runners in the villages from the commies in the jungles, relocation of the villages was necessary.
3. The body search again was a REACTION to the ploys and tricks employed by the Chinese runners who were themselves used by the Commies. They smuggled food and other stuff under their clothes in order to feed the Commies in the jungles.
4. The "divide and rule" again resulted from the Commies' own doing. They used the Chinese villagers as their runners. Any Chinese who did not help them, the Commies would kill the non-helper. Since the Malays and Indians were not targeted as runners, the Brits could trust the non-Chinese more than the Chinese. That led the Commies to lie that there was a "divide and rule" plan. A devious lie that Dr Poh still sells today!
Note that because of #4, the innocent Chinese villagers were in a real dilemma. Help the Commies, the Brits will come after them heavily. Don't help the Commies, the Commies will kill them. If at all, the Leftists were using the Chinese for their own selfish agenda. The unwitting innocent Chinese villagers were at the mercy of the ruthless Left Wing Communists.
Note that Dr Poh and the other Leftist leaders never told you that! The Brits "divide and rule"? What a shameless half truth, it even smells as pungent as a blatant lie!
Merged Malaya-Singapore the plan, violence the means -
In addition to the above half truth and lies found in Dr Poh's speech, there is one other point that needs to be mentioned. The point is that the plan for the merger, which Dr Poh now talks about, was to be achieved through VIOLENCE. Yes, violence was the means. Here's a past post I made - History of the violence the 'Communist and Marxist' Left keeps away from you
The "struggle against the Brits" in 1950s is the term coined by the Communist Leftists. In reality, it is a war against the Brit govt. The war was waged in then Malaya by none other than Chin Peng, the Communist Terrorist Leader of the Communist Party of Malaya (CPM).
That war in Malaya lasted 12 years and more than 11,000 people died, innocent women and children included. The CPM used mainly Chinese villagers as spies, moles and feeders in their fight against the Brits. This put many innocent Chinese villagers at risk, because the Brit then profiled all Chinese villagers as commie supporters - ie guilty unless proven innocent.
What need to kill innocents and put their lives at risk, if it is just to struggle against the Brits? Here is a reminder of the violence and terror that was committed by the CPM in Malaya - Singapore's history of turbulence nothing compared to Malaysia's - The Malayan Emergency
My view and conclusion -
All the pretended talk by the Leftists about having a fair govt for the people is just one big fat bull. Their real agenda was to steal the hard work from the Brit govt and the people of Malaya and Singapore, who had toiled to make the region the Number One world exporter of the Tin and Rubber Industries. Malaya was prospering with tin and rubber, while Singapore was prospering as the export centre of the world for that tin and rubber.
The Commies wanted to steal those industries from the people of Malaya and Singapore. Hence, they pretended to campaign for the people, demonizing the govt of the land including the Brits. If they truly wanted to work for the people, they wouldn't have waged a 12 year war with the Brits in Malaya killing thousands of innocents in the process, and they wouldn't have caused violence and riots in Singapore.
Remember this well. The Leftists had 11,000 people killed in Malaya. The Leftists used the Chinese villagers and killed them if they failed to help the Leftists. It is the Leftists who created a situation of "divide and rule", using the innocent hapless and unwitting Chinese civilians as their runners and their feeders, smuggling food to them, while they hid in safety from the law in the jungles.
The Leftists put the innocent Chinese villagers' lives and safety at risk, while they hid in their safe havens. Such a shameless and cowardly deed! Yet today, these Leftists dare blow their trumpet shamelessly that they were for the people?
I say enough is enough. We have heard enough. From both sides. Both the PAP and the Leftwingers. Both telling their own brand of half truths. Let's move on.